Guidelines for the Preparation of Honors Papers
These are the steps to take for submitting an Honors paper electronically.
- Fee exemptions: the usual $10 binding fee does not apply for electronic submission.
- After successfully defending your paper, make any required final corrections. Make certain the approval signature page includes the names as well as the titles of the people who will be signing the page. Place each name just below or next to the line that person will sign.
- Convert the final corrected copy to PDF format (see the PDF How-To). Avoid web services that may insert advertisements into your document. Do not password the file or add other forms of security to it.
- Print two copies of the approval signature page mentioned in step 5, take them to your advisor with the final copy of the document, and obtain all needed signatures. There is no need to print copies of the abstract since you will be submitting it online.
- Go to the OhioLINK ETD Center (http://www.ohiolink.edu/etd) and select "Submission form for your complete, finalized ETD." Soon after making your submission you should receive an email confirming it.
- Get in touch with the Honors College if you need to confirm receipt of your submission.
- Be prepared to resolve any outstanding issues with the format of your Honors paper after the College reviews it.
- You should receive another email when your submission has been approved.