Electronic Dissertations Request for Delay of Posting
Under certain circumstances you may request a publication delay (embargo) for your dissertation. To do so, download the form , fill it out, and get the necessary signatures before submitting your dissertation to the OhioLINK ETD Center.
Online Submission Form
When your dissertation has been approved, the next step is to access the OhioLINK ETD Center online submission form which will enable you to upload the document.
UMI/ProQuest Forms and Resources
You may need to submit the following UMI/ProQuest forms to your College or School office. You can download and print the pages you need as outlined here:
- Copyright Registration Form (needed if you want ProQuest/UMI to register your copyright; must be accompanied by $65 payment; for information on copyrigh, see FAQ 4 and 5)
- Author Discount Offer (needed if you want to order printed copies of your dissertation at a discount; must be accompanied by payment--orders may take several months to fulfill)
- Sample Permission Letter (useful for obtaining permission to use co-authored or previously copyrighted material in your dissertation; permission is required for each such item)
UMI/ProQuest has other documents that you may find helpful, though some of their recommendations are not in line with KSU policies, which always take precedence. These documents include the ProQuest/UMI Publishing Agreement which is effectively incorporated in the OhioLINK ETD Center online submission form. You can download these resources at UMI's etdadmin.com web site.
Purchasing Personal Bound Copies
If you want personal bound copies of your thesis or dissertation you can check with your local copy shop or other business that offers binding services. We do not endorse any particular business but can suggest the following possibilies:
- The HF Group offers an online service for printing and binding personal copies; just upload your PDF. The cost varies according to the number of pages and other options (use the cost calculator before placing the order).
- If you prefer to print your own copy you can send it to a Northeast Ohio bindery (part of the HF Group) along with this order form . The cost is $30 as of early 2010.