SEARCH UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Prepared by Barbara Bass, May 2, 1994; revised and updated, May 15, 1996
54 record storage boxes, 1 oversized box, 1 map box, 55 cubic feet, 11th floor
Scope and Content
This collection was transferred to Special Collections and Archives at various times beginning in 1979 with the latest deposit made in 1991. The collection covers the range of years from 1945 through 1985.
During those years the Department of Library Science was under the College of Education with John B. Nicholson as the Head of the Department in addition to his other duties as the Head of the Library. In July, 1963, it became the thirty-third fully accredited program in the United States and on September 16, 1966, the Department of Library Science became the School of Library Science.