Training and Instruction
Training and Instruction
Statistical Consulting provides software training workshops and instructional sessions for departments, groups, and courses.
We hold workshops during the Fall and Spring semesters through the TechHelp: Training workshop series, and other special events. You can register for workshops at training.kent.edu. Workshops are limited to 15 participants, so save your seat early!
For the Fall 2016 semester, we will be offering:
|Intro to Qualtrics||Friday, September 9, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Qualtrics Intermediate||Friday, September 16, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Intro to NVivo for Windows||Tuesday, September 27, 10:50am - 12:05pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Analyzing User Experience with NVivo||Tuesday, October 11, 3:45pm - 5:00pm||Kristin Yeager||Library Live Registration Form|
|Reproducible Research using R||Thursday, October 13, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||Library Live Registration Form|
|Intro to Qualtrics||Friday, October 21, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Intro to NVivo for Windows||Tuesday, October 25, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Qualtrics Intermediate||Friday, October 28, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Intro to Qualtrics||Friday, December 2, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
|Qualtrics Intermediate||Friday, December 9, 2:15pm - 3:30pm||Kristin Yeager||training.kent.edu|
- Qualtrics Basics - Interested in creating your own online surveys? This session will cover everything you need to know to start making surveys in Qualtrics. We'll cover common question types, required questions, content validation, and display logic. At the end of the session, you'll be able to create a simple survey with an informed consent statement in Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics Intermediate - In this session, we'll demonstrate "practical" applications in Qualtrics, such as requiring Kent State login to access a form, distributing surveys to contact lists, and customizing the survey's look and messages.
- Intro to NVivo for Windows - In this session, you will be introduced to everything you need to know to start analyzing qualitative data in NVivo for Windows. Using semi-structured interviews, we will cover how to import transcripts into NVivo, and how to begin coding themes in your sources.
- Analyzing User Experience with NVivo - NVivo is a software package that can analyze many types of qualitative data, including transcripts, recordings, and images. In this session, we'll demonstrate a practical example of how we used NVivo to gain insights from focus groups and feedback surveys.
- Reproducible Research using R - When writing a quantitative research report, you may need to incorporate statistical results, computer code, graphs, and tables. In this session, we'll talk about how to use Rmarkdown and Knitr to create reproducible reports of a data analysis in R/RStudio.
If you are a classroom instructor, or if you have a group of faculty, staff, or students interested in software training, we can come to you!
We provide workshops about any of our supported statistical and qualitative data analysis software packages at no charge. Instruction can be tailored to your group's needs -- for example, we can focus on a particular type of data or analysis. Instruction sessions can be held in your classroom or office, or here in the library.
Some examples of our past instruction include:
- Introduction to NVivo for qualitative research methods courses
- Introduction to data analysis with Excel and SPSS
- Qualtrics for Survey Research
- Analysis of Variance using JMP
If you're not certain about what we can do for you, just ask! Our instruction sessions are always free to the Kent State community.
To request an instructional session, contact Kristin Yeager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Can presentations be held outside my class's regularly scheduled time or location?
You can choose to have the seminar given during your class's regular time, or to have the presentation held outside normal class hours. Additionally, we can hold the training session in your normal classroom, or in one of the library's classrooms.
Are instructional sessions only held at the Kent campus?
Arrangements can be made to hold the seminar at your campus or to hold a webinar.