Evangeline Davey Smith collection
Prepared by Kenton Daniels, January 1996; Revised May 2007
25 record storage boxes, 25 cubic feet, Storage
This collection is housed in a climate-controlled environment off site and requires at least up to three weeks for retrieval. Please call or email the department with requests for this material prior to planning your visit.
Box 16 and Oversized materials remain on-site in Special Collections and Archives.
Evangeline Davey Smith (1911-2004) was the daughter of former Ohio Governor, Martin L. Davey and the wife of Alexander M. Smith. She was a Civic worker.
She donated this collection of family papers to the Department of Special Collections and Archives in 1991.
Scope and Content
This collections is comprised of seven distinct sub-collections or series (see below). See the finding aid for each series for more detailed information on specific contents.
- Martin L. Davey Papers -- Boxes 1-8
- James Davey Materials -- Boxes 9-15
- Davey Family Materials -- Box 16 (NOTE: This box is housed on-site.)
- Alexander M. Smith Papers -- Boxes 17-19
- Davey Tree Expert Company -- Boxes 20-22
- Lamson and Sessions Records -- Boxes 23-24
- American Tool and Machine Company -- Box 25