University Libraries 2008 Fall Report
The following pages highlight current activity across University Libraries. This information is being shared in advance of the annual fall meeting with Chairs, Directors, and Departmental Library Representatives and will provide background for discussion at the meeting.
At the meeting we would also like to hear from you about the needs within your department for faculty and students. Our questions include:
1. What is happening in your department that might affect the kind or level of library support (collections or service) needed for research and teaching? For example, new programs? ...new majors?
2. What, if any, distance learning initiatives are planned or underway?
3. We are committed to the development of information literacy competencies in your students. Do you have any suggestions about how we can work with your department?
4. What are you seeing with regard to the quality of student research?
If improvements are warranted,
a. Do you think that faculty/students are aware of available library services to help students?
b. Do you have suggestions as to how these services might be better promoted to inform both faculty and students?
5. Does the collection meet your needs?
6. What is your greatest concern about library services? Any services that you feel are missing?