Need help, but can't get to the Library? You can now get expert help from a KSU Librarian through IM.
- IM Reference Service is available whenever the Main Library Reference Desk is open.
- To check the hours, go to: http://www.library.kent.edu/locations_and_hours.php?pageId=5019
AIM or Yahoo users -- add imaksulibrarian to your buddy list.
MSN users -- add email@example.com to your buddy list.
Gtalk users -- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list.
Don't have an IM account? Don't worry, you can still IM a KSU Librarian! Use the imaksulibrarian widget -- there is one in the left column of this page and other University Libraries web pages.
IM and Phone Reference Tips
- The in-person patron has priority over IM or phone patrons.
- If the librarians are busy helping in-person patrons, please try back in a few minutes.
- Please limit requests to 3 known items or citations or to quick reference look-ups. Some examples of appropriate IM or phone requests include
- Do you own a copy of Macbeth?
- Do you carry a journal called Childhood Education and if so, which volumes do you own?
- What is the zip code of Fairbanks, Alaska?
Kent State University University Libraries is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its users. Like all web and library services, we have access to some information about your use of our system. For further information, click here.
In using the IM reference service, your IM userid and a transcript of your IM conversation with the KSU librarian will be archived. These archived materials are retained solely for use in evaluating the IM service and training staff. The archived transcripts will be deleted regularly.