Fashion Library - Student Employment Positions
Are you looking for a campus job that offers more than a respectable paycheck? If you like pleasant surroundings, extended library borrowing privileges, the freedom to schedule work hours around your classes, and the opportunity to gain valuable job experience, then a job at the Fashion Library may be for you. As a student assistant, you will be using information technologies to do a variety of tasks while learning important skills, such as how to locate books, articles, and various research materials for fellow students. Open hours during weekday mornings, afternoons, and some evenings allow flexible work schedules with weekends free. Students who are attentive to detail, willing to learn, and interested in helping others are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check out Library materials using KentLINK, the online catalog of the Kent State University Libraries.
- Check in new books, periodicals, and videos.
- Use computers and network resources to assist Library users with questions.
- Re-shelve returned Library materials.
- Independently carry out projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Special Skills
- Enjoys working both independently and with others.
- Pays attention to details and instructions.
- Follows Library policies.
- Interested in using computers and learning new skills.