Circulation Desk - Student Employment Positions
Student assistants must show a willingness to aid all patrons in a courteous, professional manner and to display good work habits. We are the first and last people patrons see when entering and exiting the building so professional behavior and appearance is of the upmost importance.
Working in the Circulation Department will give you a broad perspective on how the library works. This can only aid you in the pursuit of academic excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting patrons that approach the service desk
- Checking out items for use by patrons
- Checking in items returned by patrons
- Retrieving reserve materials for patron use
- Directing patrons to other areas within the library
- Answering simple reference questions for patrons
- Aiding disabled patrons using the library
- Answering phones in a professional, courteous manner
- Maintaining the reserve collection
- Assisting staff with opening and closing the building
- Assisting staff when needed