Printing in the Library
Laser printing in the Main Library utilizes the campus FLASHcard. Called "Netprint," this system is available on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Main Library. It is also available in the branch libraries and most labs on campus.
How do you use Netprint?
- You print your document from a workstation and supply your name.
- Your document is held for one hour in the Netprint system.
- You then go to a print station nearby and...
- swipe your FLASHcard
- select and print your document
- The charge is then deducted from your Gold Plan account.
- Your documents will immediately be printed on the nearby printer.
- You receive a standard 8.5 x 11" black and white laserprint for 7 cents/page.
- Color printing costs vary depending on the lab or location.
What do you need in order to use Netprint?
- Money in your FLASHcard account.
- You can add money to your FLASHcard at the machine in the Main Library lobby. The machine will take bills of any denomination and add the entire amount to your FLASHcard.
- You can also add money at the FLASHcard office (104 Student Center, x. 2592). Any cash amount can be added to the card (no minimum). If charging to a credit card, the minimum is $1.00.
- You can use a credit card to add money to your FLASHcard online at http://www.flashcard.kent.edu/
How do you obtain a FLASHcard?
- Kent State University students, faculty, and staff receive a FLASHcard as their University ID. If you do not yet have the FLASHcard, contact the FLASHcard office at 104 Student Center (x. 2592).
- Community members may purchase a card at the machine in the Main Library lobby. The cost of the card is $1.00. After the card is purchased, put money on the card at the same machine.