Accessing the Electronic Reserves System, ERes
1. Internet Service
You will need a computer with Internet access, either on or off campus.
- Numerous computer labs available to students on the various campuses.
- If you have your own computer and live on the Kent campus, you can connect through ResNet.
- If you live off campus but bring your own computer to use on campus, use the Campus Wireless Network.
For access from home, the best solution is a commercial Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as Road Runner. If your ISP is AOL, please see the Web Browser section below.
2. Web Browser
Electronic Reserves (ERes) should work with recent versions of the major browsers, including:
For web browser problems, call the Help Desk (330-672-HELP (4357) or http://support.kent.edu.
AOL USERS: We highly recommend not using the built in AOL browser. Just minimize it and start up one of the others.
3. Adobe Acrobat Reader
The Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view and print any documents formatted as Portable Document Format (PDF) on the ERes system. If you do not have the Reader installed on your computer, download and install a free copy. The following instructions were current when this page was last updated but may change over time.
Follow the above link and make selections appropriate to your system
For "Language" - select English
For "Platform" - select the option for the type of computer you have such as Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc.
For "Connection Speed" - select the type of connection you have
Depending on your choices in step 1 you may have additonal options here, but they are not critical.
Make note of any suggestions that appear and click the Continue button.
Download the File
Click the Download button and save the file to a convenient place on your computer (the Desktop is a good place) and make a note of the file name.
Install the Software
Find the file you downloaded on the Desktop (or wherever you saved it) and double-click it. Follow the instructions on the screen.
For Adobe Acrobat problems, contact the Help Desk at 330-672-HELP (4357) or http://support.kent.edu.
Course pages on the Electronic Reserves System, ERes, are password protected due to Copyright Guidelines. Each course has an assigned password for each semester.
A course password is one word, in lower case, and generally contains both letters and numbers (e.g. obtain03).
a. Obtaining a Password
- To obtain the current password, or if you forget the password, and are unable to contact your instructor, contact Reserve Services at 330-672-7906 Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- During evening or weekend hours, you may contact the Main Library's Circulation Desk at 330-672-7905. Staff will ask for student identification verification before giving the password to comply with Copyright Guidelines.
b. Blackboard Learn Users and Electronic Reserves Passwords
- You will need your password when accessing ERes through Blackboard Learn.
- For any Blackboard Learn problems, contact the course instructor or the Help Desk for assistance at 330-672-HELP (4357) or http://support.kent.edu.