Evangeline Davey Smith collection
Prepared by Kenton Daniels, January 1996; Revised May 2007
25 record storage boxes, 25 cubic feet, Storage
This material is housed in an off-site storage facility and requires up to 5 business days for retrieval. Please call or email the department with requests for this material prior to your visit.
Box 16 and Oversized materials remain on-site in Special Collections and Archives.
Evangeline Davey Smith (1911-2004) was the daughter of former Ohio Governor, Martin L. Davey and the wife of Alexander M. Smith. She was a Civic worker.
She donated this collection of family papers to the Department of Special Collections and Archives in 1991.
Scope and Content
This collections is comprised of seven distinct sub-collections or series (see below). See the finding aid for each series for more detailed information on specific contents.
- Martin L. Davey Papers -- Boxes 1-8
- James Davey Materials -- Boxes 9-15
- Davey Family Materials -- Box 16 (NOTE: This box is housed on-site.)
- Alexander M. Smith Papers -- Boxes 17-19
- Davey Tree Expert Company -- Boxes 20-22
- Lamson and Sessions Records -- Boxes 23-24
- American Tool and Machine Company -- Box 25