Ernest C. Brown, Papers, 1883-1910
Prepared by Merritt D. Betts, April 16, 1981
Revised by Stephanie Wachalec October 17, 2003
1 slim document case, .16 cubic feet, 11th floor
Old archives number: D.10.12.1.
The publication the New York Daily Graphic was begun by a Canadian firm of engravers in 1873 and was published until 1889. Ernest C. Brown was the paper's western agent during the time covered in this collection.
Scope and Content
This small collection is primarily comprised of newspaper articles about The Graphic covering the years 1883-1889 and was part of the Gilman collection purchased by Kent State University Libraries in the late 1960s.
- Correspondence 1883-1888, [no date]
- Album by Brown, includes newspaper clippings and correspondence related to the Daily Graphic, 1883-1889
- Newspaper clippings about the Daily Graphic from many Ohio newspapers and other midwest papers, [no date]
- Newspaper clippings about the Daily Graphic from many 1885, 1888, 1910, [no date]
- American Economic Association, flyer [1885-1888]
- Information about the Daily Graphic from American Journalism A History: 1690-1960, 3rd edition. Frank Luther Mott. The MacMillan Company, New York, 1962. pp.501-2.