Dramatic productions related to May 4
May 4 Collection -- Box 119
Prepared by Nancy Birk, February 17, 1996. Updated by Penny White, July 2013.
.16 cubic feet (1 slim document case)
Physical location: 12th floor
Scope and Content
This collection consists of dramatic productions in varying form. Provenance varies and is explained at the folder level. In most cases, copyright still resides with the individual authors.
There are other dramatic productions which are part of larger collections within the May 4 Collection. For information concerning the NBC DocuDrama, and the play "Kent State: A Requiem", the researcher should consult the J Gregory Payne Papers in Box 67. For information concerning the dance/drama by Dance Alloy, there is a video available of the performance for viewing in Box 95.
May 4 Collection -- Box 119Folder -- Contents
- The Unauthorized Unsuccessful Public Trial of the Killer on Blanket Hill: A Collection of Tragic Soliloquies in One Act by Doral Chenoweth. Manuscript: 1971
- Nightwalking: Voices from Kent State by Sandra Perlman. Manuscript: 1995
- Nightwalking: Voices from Kent State by Sandra Perlman. Programs, Publicity Materials
- The Battle of Kent State by Samuel E. Samalin. Typescript: 1998
- Walter Hindsight by Michael W. Morgan. Audiotape and transcript of a dramatic retelling of the news as it might have been if things had turned out differently on May 4, 1970: 2000
- Blanket Hill by Kay Cosgriff. Program, Script and DVD of performance: 2009