Kent State University Libraries provides free-of-charge library material shipment services for off-campus distance learning students who meet these criteria:
- You live 30 or more miles from any Kent State University library (Kent campus or Regional campuses)
- You do not come to any KSU Campus to attend class
To use this service, please follow these steps:
- Please complete the online Authorization Form. We must have a copy on file before we can ship books and other returnable items such as CDs, DVDs, microfilm, or music scores to you. Students must agree to pay for shipping and insurance costs when returning books, or accept responsibility for any lost or damaged materials.
- Use KentLINK or OhioLINK to search for items, click the "Request" button, and choose the pickup location "Kent-Registered Distance Learner."
- Use ILLiad to place requests for books and other materials that are not available through KentLINK or OhioLINK. This is the same system used for article requesting and Interlibrary Loan. ILLiad uses your FlashLine log-in information. Provide us with your preferred shipping address--we can ship to your home or office--and be sure to select "Distance Learner" under the "Which Kent State Campus?" pull-down menu.
- Keep in mind that turn-around time for your receipt of materials shipped depends on many factors and cannot be guaranteed. Normal delivery time of on-campus materials is two to three days. Some materials need to come from off-campus to the Library to be processed for delivery; this can add one to five or more days to normal UPS or Fed-Ex delivery times. Please plan your projects accordingly. You will receive an email when your items are shipped which will contain tracking information.
Additionally, you may use OhioLINK to request items, including Kent State materials, and have them delivered to any nearby OhioLINK library . There are over 100 available pick-up locations throughout the state of Ohio. (Please note that KentLINK cannot be used for this purpose.)
If you have any questions about Distance Learning library material delivery, please contact Jason Prufer at email@example.com