Kent State University Sports Artifacts
Prepared by Cara Gilgenbach, January 30, 2002; Updated December 2012.
Inclusive Dates: 1920s-2000s; undated
Extent: 4 cubic feet (1 record storage box; 1 document case; 3 flat oversize boxes)
Physical Location: 11th floor
Scope and Content: This collection contains miscellaneous Kent State University athletics memorabilia and artifacts from various time periods. Most items are undated.
Box 1: Artifacts
- Football helmet (leather)
- Football: "1923; K.S.N.C. 6; West Liberty 7; First T.D. Scored with this Ball"
- Footbal uniform leggings
- Football uniform [sock?]
- T-Shirt: "Kent State; MACS Champs; Tangerine Bowl"
- KSU Baseball coin purse (plastic)
- Kent State Golf Course pencil
- Medal: "Kent State Normal College, Men's Singles [tennis], Summer School, 1922, 2nd Prize, Fred G. Weinman"
- Coins: "Kent vs. Texas El Paso, Homecoming, Oct. 12, 1985"
- "Flippy" Frisbee: "Fly With the Flashes! Schlitz WKNT 100 Fm"
- "Kent State University Golden Flashes 1972 Mid-American Champs Tangerine Bowl"
- "Souvenir of Trevor Rees Testimonial Dinner, July 8, 1972"
- Baseballs (two) [one is signed by Rick Moyer, March 26, 1983]
- Baseball: Signed by baseball team "1992 Kent MAC Champs"
- Pins: Football Field Pass, 1964 [two]
- Pins: Football Field Pass, 1965
- Tie clip: NCAA Championships, Wrestling, 1967
- Pendant: Second-year varsity, undated
- Letter opener: "Matt Resick Testimonial, June 14th, 1976"
- Playing cards: "Joe Begala: Builder of Champions, 1929-1971"
- Patch: "KSU Golden Flashes," undated [2 patches]
- Patch: "KSU Baseball," undated
Box 2: Jack Lambert memorabilia
- Bronzed shoe
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Pin
- Trading Card
- Commemorative Pepsi can, 1990
Box 3: Flat Oversize 1
- Poster: "1994 Kent Baseball; The Nation's Number One Pitching Staff; Travis Miller; Dustin Hermanson; Brian Tutkovics; Mike Nartker" [autographed by all]
- Flash mascot blanket
- Baseball uniform (wool), [1940's?]
- Football shoulder pads (cotton), [1920's?]
Box 4: Flat Oversize 2: Baseball and track uniforms worn by KSU student (?), William Scott, in the mid-1930s.
- Short-sleeved gray jersey with "Kent" in blue felt letters
- Short-sleeved heather-colored jersey with "Kent" in blue and gold felt letters and matching pants
- Short-sleeved heather and green-striped jersey with "Whistle" in green felt letters
- Two pairs of gray shorts
- Pair of heather and blue-striped short pants
- Two pairs blue wool stirrup socks
- Basketball: Signed by Kent State University women's basketball team members: 1990s or early 2000s
Box 6: Flat Oversize 3
- Wrestling singlet, size large, undated