- Tuesday & Wednesday, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer & Intersession
- Tuesday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Other hours by appointment
- 4th of July (if it falls during our scheduled hours of operation)
- Veteran's Day 2017 (observed on Friday, November 10 this year)
- Thanksgiving - closed Thursday through Saturday
- KSU Holiday Schedule (December 23, 2017 - January 2, 2018)
For more information or to arrange for a visit outside of Spark's regular hours of operation, contact Spark at 330-672-3679 or KentStateSpark@gmail.com.
Spark is located in Rooms 191 and 192 of the Schwartz Center (formerly the Glass Studio workshop.) Direct access to Spark is available from the parking lot close to the intersection of Summit and Morris Road, across from Satterfield.
The Schwartz Center is located on the corner of Morris Road and Summit Street. Visitors to the Schwartz Center can obtain a temporary permit by stopping at the booth located in the R12 parking lot. Please be advised that campus parking at both the Student Center and Schwartz Center changed over the summer of 2016. Visitor parking for Schwartz is located in the Campus Center C lot or across the street at the Student Center. For more details on parking, visit the Parking Services website. For additional information on the construction and its impact on driving and parking in the area visit the Summit Street Improvement Project website.
The makerspace in Spark Innovation Studio is open to all Kent State students, faculty and staff. For details on how to get started using Spark visit the Makerspace Access & Equipment page. We welcome inquiries from the community.
The project studio space is available to approved student project teams on a semester by semester basis. For more information, either stop in during open hours or contact Spark at KentStateSpark@gmail.com for other hours by appointment.