RefWorks: Importing Tips
Importing from OhioLINK Databases
Most research databases provide a means to save selected records in a format that can be imported into RefWorks. Links to directions prepared by other libraries (Xavier University and University of California Berkeley) for importing from specific databases are:
- BioMedCentral: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/biomedcentral_refworks.cfm
- Citation Indexes: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/isi_refworks.cfm
- CSA Databases: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/csa_refworks.cfm
- Dissertation Abstracts: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/proquest_refworks.cfm
- EbscoHost: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/ebsco_refworks.cfm
- Electronic Journal Center: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/ejc_refworks.cfm
- JSTOR: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/jstor_refworks.cfm
- KentLINK Library Catalog: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/ohiolink_refworks.cfm
OhioLINK Databases: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/dataware_refworks.cfm
[this includes those with the right-hand, blue bar on the search screen].
- OhioLINK Library Catalog: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/ohiolink_refworks.cfm
- PubMed: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/BIOS/ref_pubmed.html
- RLG Databases: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/rlg_refworks.cfm
- WorldCat: http://www.xu.edu/library/help/oclc_refworks.cfm
Other Helpful Lists
Output Style List: http://www.refworks.com/refworks/outputformatlist.asp
This is the listing of all available bibliographic styles (AMA, APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.).
Import Filter List: http://www.refworks.com/refworks/importdbs.asp
This listing identifies the filters provided for importing from a wide variety of databases. Importing from a database is a more traditional way of entering references and requires that references first be saved to your computer and then be imported into your RefWorks database.