Lorrie Baumgardner began her legal career at Berkman, Gordon, Murray & DeVan and has developed a diverse and interesting practice over the course of her years with the firm. In addition to her participation in a range of First Amendment cases, she has been involved in successfully litigating a number of civil rights, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, product liability and personal injury suits, including cases involving strangulation from bed rail entrapment. Baumgardner is dedicated to the firm's tradition of creativity, meticulous research and commitment to excellence in its written work. Her advocacy has yielded a number of significant decisions in state and federal courts that have helped shape constitutional as well as other important areas of the law. Baumgardner has received an "AV" rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the category of civil rights and in Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Medal for Excellence in Advocacy, American College of Trial Lawyers
- College of Wooster, Ohio, B.A.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- First Amendment Lawyers Association
- Feminists for Free Expression
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Parent Teacher Association, Lifetime Member
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio Supreme Court