Charles Wesley Slack, Papers, 1817-1906
Oversized materials (one volume + folder)
- Volume: Silver Wedding Album, January 9, 1874.
Contents: photographs, clippings, calling cards, poems, and letters of congratulations to Charles Wesley and Evelina Slack on the occasion of their silver wedding anniversary. The celebration took place on January 9, 1874. Accompanied by a list of gifts and a clipping about the celebration from the Boston Journal, January 10, 1874.
Edwin Morton, Warren H. Cudworth, G. Wetherbee, Maria Bowen, Horace Hunt, George L. Boutwell, F. W. Lincoln, ___ Usher, ___ Blackwell, William Dall, ___ Brown, Martha A. Hardacker, Anna C. Brackett, Katie Johnson, Ellen M. O'Connor, Sarah J. Brigham, D. A. Sherman, Elisha Bowman, A. C. Delano, John S. Sleeper, ___ Pearson, M. A. Blanchard, George F. Williams, T. B. Jordon, Curtis Guild, Samuel Bowles, Lucy Larcom, ___ Parker, ___ Rice, Samuel Longfellow, Mary A. Livermore, C. C. Thayer, James A. Lane, LeRay Sunderland, Alex H. Bullock, George E. Jenks, ___ Rogers, Charles Adams, Jr., J. M. W. Yerrintov, ___ Codmans, Charles Codman, R. A. Goddard, Levi Willcutt, J. R. Niles, Samuel Poor, W. S. Studley, S. F. Gates, E. E. Knowles, L. A. Swift, Charles O. Fox, R. H. Young, E. R. Chapman, ___ Ross, T. T. Sawyer, ___ Bowman, W. Griswald, Jane S. George, Eleanor D. Hapgood, Sarah O. Babcock, Thomas Wentworth Higginson, Samuel Johnson, L. W. Chadwick, Henry Mason, A. W. H. Howard, Joseph Smith, E. C. Brett, Annie Austin, Justin Jones, H. S. Chase, ___ Pomeroy, ___ Jordon, ___ Converse, M. B. Wallace, William J. Potter, J. R. Burry, Adino B. Hall, Charles Endicott, Francis F. Bulfinch, Mary Buchanan, L. P. Plumer, John Greenleaf Whittier, ___ Fuller, S. B. Brackett, Charles Robins, R. K. Darrah, Willis Fiske, Caroline H. Dall, W. A. Simmins, E. C. Brett, J. V. Blake, L. A. Elliot, ___ Abbot, A. W. H. Howard, J. E. Bary, Stephen F. Sherman, and others.
- Items in oversized folder:
- 1875, 3 Nov. New England Historic-Genealogical Society. Certificate of Charles Wesley Slack's election. Document signed. 1p.
- 1876, 31 Mar. Great Elm on Boston Common, Destroyed, February 15, 1876. Printed document. 1p. View of the tree with a statement by the Mayor of Boston. Printed "veneer" from the tree.
- 1884, 18 Oct. Slack, Charles Wesley. Articles of incorporation. Oct. 18, 1884 Document signed by Henry B. Peirce. 2p. Accompanied by letter of transmittal.
- 1919, 9 July. Cheever, George A. Appointment as Notary Public. Printed document, signed. 2p.
- [no date]. "Pickwick Papers." Handwritten newspaper by children. 2 issues. Autograph document. 4p.