Item Record -- Creating Multiple Item Records
This is a quick way to create and attach multiple item records to the same bibliographic record.
- Find the record to which you want to add item records.
- From the summary screen of the record, change to "Item" in the "View" box.
- Attach New Item (box)
- Multiple Items
- Don't put in a barcode.
- Editthe volume field if needed (e.g., change "vol." to "v."
- Change the "First Volume" and "Last Volume" fields.
- If not adding copies
- Leave "Beginning Copy Number" as 1.
- Unclick the "Increment Copy Number" box.
- Change the "# of Copies" box to 1.
- If adding copies
- Edit the "Beginning Copy Number" box.
- Leave the "Increment Copy Number" box checked.
- Go back to the summary screen, and follow the procedures to modify a group of item records to add barcodes to each item record quickly.