Group Study Rooms in the Main Library
Four Group Study Rooms in the Main Library can now be scheduled
- Rooms 212 and 213 are located across from the elevators on the second floor. These rooms have tables that seat four and whiteboards on the wall.
- Rooms 215 and 216 are located near the Main Microforms Area on the second floor. These rooms also seat four, but are smaller and do not have whiteboards.
To schedule a Group Study Room in the Main Library
- Use The Scheduler (your FlashLine email address and password are needed)
- Your group must be composed of two or more students
- Arrive at your group's scheduled time, bring your student ID (Flash Card), go directly to the room. If there are any questions, ask at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor of the Kent Main Library.
Things to consider ...
- Rooms must be scheduled before 5 p.m. one day prior to the date of use on week days and before 5 p.m. on Friday for use on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.
- Rooms are scheduled in one hour blocks. You may schedule Group Study Rooms for a total of two hours per day. The two hours may be a combination of one hour in one room and one hour in another or two hours in the same room. The hours may be back to back or at different times during the day.
- If your group has scheduled a room and does not show up within 20 minutes of your scheduled time, you forfeit your scheduled time and others may use the room for the remainder of the hour.
- Repeated no-shows will result in you being blocked from scheduling rooms in the future. If your group has registered for a room and must cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled time, please call the Periodical Information Desk at 330-672-2177 to cancel.
- The room schedule for the day, indicating who has scheduled the room, will be posted outside the room where it is viewable to the public.
- If nobody has scheduled a particular room for a particular hour, that room is available to be used by any group of two or more students.
- When your group's scheduled time is over, if the room is scheduled to another group for the next hour, please leave the room promptly.
- If there are any questions or problems, please ask at the 2nd floor Periodical Information Desk.
There is also a Presentation Practice Room that can be scheduled for up to two hours per day. Additional study rooms are available on the first floor of the Main Library.