PDSC Faculty Research and Collaboration Workshop Additional Resources
Session 1 -- "I've got a great idea for a study..."
- Framework for choosing research methods
- Evaluating and selecting Library and Information Science research methods
- Identifying research questions and/or hypotheses
- Session 1 Glossary
Session 2 -- "I want to ask, but how do I phrase the question?"
- Survey/Questionnaire development and basics of measurement
- Interview and Focus Group Design, Development and protocols
- Basics of sampling
- Session 2 Glossary
Session 3 -- "I have all this data...now what?"
Session 4 -- "p<.05 is good, right? Interpreting Output (What they didn't teach you in grad school)"
- Review of commonly used statistics
- Output examples from JMP and SPSS
- Nuances of qualitative data analysis
- Analysis and Output options from NVivo
- Session 4 Glossary
Session 5 -- "O.K. Study is done...now to publish it -- why does every journal seem to have different requirements?"
- Questions to ask when selecting a journal
- Issues of Peer review
- Sorting through written and unwritten expectations of editors
- Communicating with editors
- Structuring the manuscript
- Basics of APA, Chicago Manual, and
Session 6 -- "Manuscript Revisions...Ugh!"
Session 7 -- Collaborative Research and Grant Writing Discussion Session