LISREL License Agreement
1. You are LEASING the software. You do not own it.
2. The software must be uninstalled and returned if you are no longer enrolled in or employed by Kent State University.
3. The software cannot be shared with colleagues or students.
4. The software is available for academic use (teaching and research) only.
What is included in the lease of the software?
- Installation troubleshooting
- The right to run the software on the licensed machine
- Access to technical support through Statistical and Qualitative Software Support Services
- The opportunity to renew your license
- Upgrades released by the vendor during the lease will be applied at the time of renewal
- All desktop versions of statistical and qualitative software are available for lease from the Audio Visual Center (3rd floor Library) for a one year period. If you renew your lease, Statistical and Qualitative Software Services will either provide a new password along with instructions on how to apply it or install the latest release of the program.
- You may lease a desktop version of the statistical or qualitative software for approximately one year at a time.
- Desktop versions of statistical and qualitative software are available for academic use only (e.g., research and instruction) on KSU or personally-owned computers.
- This is a lease program. You DO NOT own the software. If not enrolled in courses or employed by KSU, you must remove the software from your computer and return the disks to the Audio Visual Center (3rd floor Library). Failure to do so will result in the loss of your deposit and additional fines may be assessed.
- If you choose not to renew the lease, you must remove the software from your computer and return the disks to the Audio Visual Center (3rd floor Library). Failure to do so will result in the loss of your deposit and additional fines may be assessed.
- Subject to the provisions contained herein, the Associate may use the SPSS, Inc. copyrighted computer software products, which Kent State University has provided, in accordance with its agreement with SPSS Inc.
- The Associate must be a faculty or staff member of Kent State University. Students are not eligible to obtain SPSS under this license.
- The Associate acknowledges that these products are copyrighted and that SPSS Inc. retains all title and ownership right to the products. The Associate agrees not to copy or permit others to copy the products, in whole or in part.
- The Associate agrees to use the products under this agreement only on a computer which is 1) owned or leased by Kent State University or 2) owned by the Associate. The Associate further agrees that the products must remain under the Associate's control and the resale or other transfer is explicitly prohibited.
- The Associate agrees not to create, or attempt to create, or permit or help others to create, the source code from the products furnished under this Agreement. The Associate agrees that it will not reverse engineer or decompile the products.
- Should the Associate remove the computer(s) on which the products are used under this agreement from the location specified, the Associate agrees to notify Kent State University --University Libraries promptly of the new location.
- Should the Associate no longer be associated with Kent State University or if advised by Kent State University -- University Libraries that the site license with SPSS Inc. has been terminated, the Associated agrees to return to Kent State University or to destroy at once any and all copies in the Associate's possession, and to forward written notice to Kent State University -- University Libraries that all programs and materials containing the products have been destroyed or deleted from all computer libraries and storage and memory devices and are not longer in use or usable.
Lease Time Table
- This agreement grants the Affiliated User and the institution with a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software for 365 days from day of agreement.
- The initial fee for the software will be paid prior to installation of the software. The renewal fee will be due 365 days from the date the initial fee was paid.