SAS License and Lease Agreement
1. You are LEASING the software. You do not own it.
2. The software must be uninstalled and returned if you are no longer enrolled in or employed by Kent State University.
3. The software cannot be shared with colleagues or students.
4. The software is available for academic use (teaching and research) only.
What is included in the lease of the software?
- Installation troubleshooting
- The right to run the software on the licensed machine
- Access to technical support through Statistical and Qualitative Software Support Services
- The opportunity to renew your license
- Upgrades released by the vendor during the lease will be applied at the time of renewal
- All desktop versions of statistical and qualitative software are available for lease from the Audio Visual Center (3rd floor Library) for a one year period. If you renew your lease, Statistical and Qualitative Software Services will either provide a new password along with instructions on how to apply it or install the latest release of the program.
- You may lease a desktop version of the statistical or qualitative software for approximately one year at a time.
- Desktop versions of statistical and qualitative software are available for academic use only (e.g., research and instruction) on KSU or personally-owned computers.
- This is a lease program. You DO NOT own the software. If not enrolled in courses or employed by KSU, you must remove the software from your computer and return the disks to the Audio Visual Center (3rd floor Library). Failure to do so will result in the loss of your deposit and additional fines may be assessed.
- If you choose not to renew the lease, you must remove the software from your computer and return the disks to the Audio Visual Center (3rd floor Library). Failure to do so will result in the loss of your deposit and additional fines may be assessed.
- Use of this software is governed by the license agreement entered into by the SAS Institute and Kent State University. Kent State University licenses this software and annually pays a license fee to enable it to make a limited number of copies available for use by faculty, staff and registered students. The software is to be used for academic purposes in the U.S. only.
- The software is the copyrighted property of the SAS Institute.
- Source code underlying the object code provided with the software is a SAS Institute trade secret which the recipient (Faculty, Staff or Student of Kent State University) is not authorized to access. The recipient will not modify, reverse assemble or decompile the software or otherwise attempt to access the source code.
- The recipient will not copy or permit copying or access to the software by any third party.
- The recipient will use the software for work or class related projects only and not for commercial or profit-making purposes.
- The employee agrees to return the software media to the appropriate official of Kent State University (Library and Media Services) or delete or destroy any copies of the software if no longer associated with Kent State University or if Kent State University discontinues the software license.
Lease Time Table
- This agreement grants the Affiliated User and the institution with a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software for 365 days from day of agreement.
- The initial fee for the software will be paid prior to installation of the software. The renewal fee will be due 365 days from the date the initial fee was paid.
Minimal Computer Requirements
- 32-bit members of the MS Windows Server 2003 Family or Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise - available only to Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers, or Windows Vista Ultimate
- MS Win XP Professional updated with Service Pack 1
- MS Win 2000 Professional
- MS Win 2000 Server Editions
- MS Win 2000 must be updated with Service Pack 3
- MS Win NT and MS Win NT Server
- MS Win NT requires Version 4.0 updated with Service Pack 6a or higher