About RefWorks: A Web-Based Bibliographic Management Service
The Libraries now provide an 8-campus subscription to RefWorks, a Web-based tool for managing references and creating bibliographies. RefWorks works with any major Web browser on any platform (Windows, Mac, Unix). There is no cost to Kent State University students, faculty, or staff in using this service.
[See links in left-hand column for more information on accessing and getting help].
RefWorks allows you to:
1. Create a personal database online:- Store an unlimited number of references accessible from any computer linked to the Internet. No downloading software or installation required.
· Import references directly from online databases or saved text files.
· Import records from other bibliographic management programs.
· Add references or personal notes manually.
2. Manage your references
· Organize references using folders.
· Easily sort and edit.
· Search and browse references for quick data retrieval.
3. Generate bibliographies and footnotes: Save typing time in creating bibliographies. Easily make changes to your paper and reformat in seconds.
· WriteNCite - This function allows you to use RefWorks while writing your paper to integrate references and compile a bibliography.
· Output formats - A wide variety of bibliographic styles are available for outputting references, including APA, Chicago, MLA.
· AccuCite - This online guide serves as an aid to formatting as you enter data.
Who can benefit from using RefWorks:
Researchers - Useful tool for storing a personal database of references, sharing with colleagues, and creating bibliographies based on the needs of specific journals.
Students - Provides folders for storing information by class or project. Citing tools help in making certain that all necessary information is present to generate an accurate, concise bibliography.
Faculty - In addition to serving as a research tool, it allows read-only access for class-related bibliographies.