Classroom Services Delivery Technician - Student Employment Positions
Classroom services delivery technicians assist faculty with delivery, setup and troubleshooting of Audio Visual Equipment for use in the classroom setting.
Delivery technicians must show a willingness to aid all patrons in a courteous, professional manner and to display good work habits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing delivery slips and equipment for scheduled usage throughout the day.
- Making scheduled deliveries and setups in a timely manner throughout campus.
- Setting up projection and computer equipment as requested by faculty.
- Assisting faculty with instruction on equipment use and troubleshooting equipment problems as required.
- Fixing burned out overhead lights, and general upkeep on the A/V equipment.
- Deliver and pickup A/V material to various departments on campus using University vans.
- Deliver & pickup circulated items from the branch libraries on campus.
- Handle late requests for A/V materials & equipment.
- Assisting Classroom counter staff as requested.
Qualifications and Special Skills
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Must have a knowledge of the Kent campus and department & building locations.
- Must have a basic knowledge of AV equipment.
- Must have the ability to manage time effectively and work independently to meet schedule deadlines.
- Assist faculty in a professional, courteous manner with many possible interruptions.
- Ability to interpret instructions and follow directions accurately.