Classroom Services - Student Employment Positions
The Classroom Services department assists faculty and students with their audio visual needs. The service desk is an active area within the library where patrons check out, return, and preview a wealth of audio visual materials. It is also at this counter where student workers take phone orders from faculty who request A/V materials such as DVD players and laptops for use in their classrooms. All sales transactions for A/V and the Copy and Design Services are handled at this counter as well as OhioLINK and KentLINK requests.
We are the only contact for the faculty to request A/V materials & equipment for use in their class. Student assistants must show a willingness to aid all patrons in a courteous, professional manner and to display good work habits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting patrons that approach the service desk.
- Retrieving, shelving and circulating all A/V material for use by patrons.
- Taking phone requests in a professional, courteous manner from faculty for A/V materials & equipment to be used in their classroom.
- Handling problems with A/V equipment and sending them to the right staff member to resolve.
- Handling all register transactions for A/V, Graphics and Copy Center.
- Assisting patron with accessing Course Review videos and overseeing preview room.
- Assisting patron with the Audio Tape Exchange Program, music tapes and duplicating audio materials as requested.
- Circulating digital cameras and recording equipment to students.
- Processing items for OhioLink & Kentlink circulation.
Qualifications and Special Skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of AV equipment.
- Must have the ability to interpret instructions and follow directions accurately.
- Must have the ability to manage time effectively and multitask.