University Libraries is heavily dependent on technology in the delivery of resources and services as well as in the acquisition and processing of materials. The current commitment to computer applications and networking includes the following:
- The KentLINK system, the integrated library system for libraries on all 8 campuses. KentLINK is integrated with the OhioLINK Central Catalog.
- An UL administrative network for all the Kent campus libraries, Audio Visual Services, and Teleproductions. This network provides a full suite of desktop automation services for staff and users.
- A robust public web site and a full-featured staff intranet with many custom web database applications.
- A range of specialty applications that support service activities in areas such as electronic reserves, cataloging, teleproductions scheduling, copyright administration, and interlibrary loan.
- Over 400 PCs for staff and library users.
- Three electronic classrooms, a student presentation practice room, multimedia express workstations, and a student multimedia studio.