Kent State University Libraries sends library notices to students, faculty, and staff to their FlashLine accounts ("@kent.edu" email address).
Library patrons who have borrowing privileges but do not have "@kent.edu" e-mail accounts, such as Community Borrowers, will receive e-mail notification by supplying an email address when applying for borrowing privileges.
Notices sent by email:
- Pick-up notices for KentLINK, OhioLINK, and Interlibrary Loan materials.
- Courtesy notices for materials approaching due dates
- Overdue Notices
- Statements of Charges(30 day, 60 day, and 90 day)
- Hold Cancellation Notices
- Recall Notices
Notices sent by Campus or U.S. Mail:
- Replacement bills for materials over 30 days overdue and assumed lost
Before materials are billed for replacement, three notices are sent out, including one courtesy notice and two overdue notices.
- All patrons accept responsibility for materials upon checkout. (See Loan Periods, Renewals, and Overdue Fines.)
- Notices sent via email are provided as a courtesy. Patrons are responsible for checking and maintaining the email account to which notices are sent.
- Failure to read or receive an email notice does not relieve the patron of responsibility for for overdue materials, fines, or replacement costs.
Please check your "@kent.edu" e-mail account regularly or forward your FlashLine email to the email address you most often use.