These resources are starting points for finding nursing information both licensed by the Libraries and available on the free Web.
Finding Journal Articles
Nursing and Health-Related Databases: use a database to find articles on a given topic.
Journal Finder: use this tool to determine if a specific journal is available online or in print.
Searchable journal collections:
- Electronic Journal Center (OhioLINK)
On-Campus Off-Campus: [Kent VPN] [OhioLINK Authentication]
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) Nursing and Health Professions Premier Collection
On-Campus Off-Campus: [Kent VPN] - Kent Campus Only!
- PubMed Central
KentLINK: holdings of libraries on all Kent State campuses
OhioLINK: merged catalog of all Ohio academic libraries
- LocatorPlus (National Library of Medicine)
- WorldCat (catalog of libraries worldwide)
- Doody's Core Titles: listing of core books in nursing and other specialties
Free Web Sites
Searching the Nursing Literature (CINAHL tutorial available through Vista 8)