Renewing Your Library Materials
Avoid fines, fees, and replacement costs by renewing your library materials. The most convenient way to renew your materials is online by logging in to your Library Account .
Renewal limits vary according to the type of material checked out. For detailed information, please see Loan Periods, Renewals, and Overdue Fines.
Materials will NOT renew until at least 7 days before the due date. Please keep in mind that early renewals reduce your total loan period on the renewed item.
IMPORTANT: Materials will not renew if there are recalls or holds on them. Although renewals are frequently possible, they cannot be guaranteed. Check your Library Account for all due dates.
To renew your materials online, log in to your Library Account .
Faculty, staff, and students: You will be prompted for your FlashLine user name and password.
Other library users, including Community Borrowers and Alumni Association members:
- You will be prompted for your name and borrower number. Your borrower number usually begins with "UL" and is followed by 7 digits.
- Alumni Borrowers will often still use their Banner# from when they were a student.
- Stark State student, faculty, or staff, you should use your Stark State ID number ("S" number).
- If you do not know your borrower number, please contact the circulation desk at 330-672-7905.
To renew your materials:
- You may click the "Renew All" button, or select items for renewal by checking the box to the left of the material title, then clicking the "Renew Selected" button.
- CAUTION! OhioLINK items should only be renewed one at a time. Trying to renew more than more will freeze the system and lock your account. We realize this a problem, and we are working on a solution.
- After clicking the applicable icon, the page will reload, displaying either the new due date(s) or any messages about items that cannot be renewed. Messages can include: TOO MANY RENEWALS, RENEW DENIED, or TOO SOON TO RENEW.
- Print the list of renewed items as proof of renewal.
Renewals by Phone
Materials may be renewed by calling the Kent Campus Main Library Circulation Desk at (330) 672-7905 or a Branch or Regional Campus Library.
Renewals in Person
Renewals can be made in person with your FLASHcard or another valid form of photo ID (such as a driver's license) at any Kent State University Libraries circulation desk. You do not need to have the materials you wish to renew with you, unless you have reached the renewal limit on the item(s). Kent items that have reached the renewal limit must be checked in, and may be checked back out to you, provided there are no holds or recalls on the items, and that there are no blocks on your record. OhioLINK and SearchOhio items that have reached the renewal limit must be returned to their owning institution, and cannot be re-checked out.