Blocks, Bills, and Replacement Charges
All patrons are blocked from borrowing material when they owe over $25.00 on their Library Account.
Regardless of amount owned, all patrons are blocked when they receive a Third Statement of Charges (3rd SOC) until full payment is made.
Bills and Replacement Costs
Materials more than 30 days overdue are assumed lost and billed for replacement. (Some materials have a bill generated sooner such as video cameras, Reserves, Periodicals, and Stark media).
- KentLINK items indicate a default $75.00 item replacement charge.
- OhioLINK items indicate a total cost of $125, which includes a $75.00 item replacement charge and a $50.00 non-refundable billing fee.
- Interlibrary Loan items (received from other libraries not part of the OhioLINK system) also have a $125.00 replacement charge.
Damaged Items Policy
Patrons will not be charged for normal wear and tear of library items. Underlining and highlighting of text is NOT considered normal wear and tear. Patrons will be charged for extensive damage to library items. The amount of damage is to be determined by the library.
Fees associated with materials billed for replacement include:
- Replacement cost of item - $75
- Billing fee - $50 (OhioLINK items only)
If the billed item is found within one (1) year, the item may be returned for a refund of the replacement fee of $75 only. The OhioLIINK billing fee of $50 is non-refundable.
If the billed KentLINK or OhioLINK item cannot be located, the patron must pay the total replacement cost and billing fees.
Replacement copies for lost materials are accepted within the first year only if they are in new or excellent condition and the exact edition as the lost material. Please contact a Circulation Desk for help obtaining the exact ISBN number.
Waiver of Fines and Fees
Fines and fees are NOT waived, except under specific circumstances.